Before setting up the auto-connect it is recommended to set up the VPN connection with RAS protocol (PPTP/L2TP/SSTP/IKEV) to make sure that the VPN is up and running. In this example we have taken L2TP protocol as an example.
- Right-click your Active Lan/ WiFi icon and click ↪️ Network settings.
- Click ↪️ Network & internet.
- Click the VPN page from the right side.
- In the VPN connections setting, click ↪️ Add VPN button.
Note: If you have a Dedicated IP or DDoS protection addon then do make sure to use your Dedicated IP or DDoS protection hostname in place of server address.
If you have a Dedicated IP or DDoS protection addon then do make sure to use your Dedicated IP or DDoS protection hostname in place of server address.
- Use the VPN provider drop-down menu and select the Windows (built-in) option.
- In the Connection name setting, enter a name to identify the connection; for example, you can use the service name like L2TP – PureVPN
- Enter the server address. You can use one of the servers mentioned below 👇
- Germany: de1.pointtoserver.com
- Netherlands: nl1.pointtoserver.com
- United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: ustx1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usca1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usfl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usny1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Use the VPN type drop-down menu and select the L2TP option or the protocol required to connect to the particular VPN server.
- Enter your PureVPN credentials. Click 👉 here to know how to find your VPN credentials.
- Click the Save button.
- Once done, you will be able to see the newly created VPN profile.
- Click the Connect button for the connection