Configuring a PureVPN tunnel on your router is a great way to ensure the safety and security of all the devices in your home. This method is especially beneficial if you have devices that don’t have VPN compatibility or you want to protect all the Wi-Fi-connected devices in your home.
Find your VPN credentials for manual configuration
How to set up PPTP on DrayTek router
- To start setting up a VPN on a tp-link router you first have to connect to it. For that, you have to put in your browser the following address: http://192.168.0.1 (If this doesn't work, please consult your router's manual to find what is the Default Gateway Address). Enter your router's username and password and click Login.
- Select LAN to LAN in the submenu
- Common Settings
- Enter your Profile Name
- Choose Enable this profile
- Call direction: Choose Dial-out and keep it on Always on
- Dial-Out Settings
- Choose PPTP
- Insert the desired server: Please refer to the server address shared below.
- Germany: de1.pointtoserver.com
- Netherlands: nl1.pointtoserver.com
- United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: ustx1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usca1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usfl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usny1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Australia: au-sd1.pointtoserver.com
- Enter your PureVPN credentials. Here is how you can 👉find your VPN credentials.
- PPP Authentication: PAP/CHAP/MS-CHAP/MS-CHAPv2
- VJ Compression: Off
TCP/IP Network Settings
- Choose Change default route to this VPN tunnel (Only single WAN support)
- Lastly, Select OK to complete the process!