Things to Consider:
Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You have a working internet connection
- Windows Supported Device.
- A Premium PureVPN account (If you haven’t bought yet click here to buy)
Follow these simple steps to configure PureVPN manually on Windows 8:
Note: We have just launched New PureVPN Windows Software BETA version. If you need guide on BETA version Click Here.
1 Right click on “Lan / Wifi icon” from System tray and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”
2 Click on “Set up a new connection or network”
3 Select “Connect to workplace” and click “Next”
4 Select “Use my Internet connection (VPN)”
5 Insert the following info:
- Insert desired server address / IP. Click here to get the server list.
- Insert destination name as PureVPN L2TP or PureVPN US etc
- Select “Remember my credentials”
- Select “Allow other people to use this connection”
- Click “Create”
6 Right click on “PureVPN L2TP” connection and select “View connection properties”
Note: If you are on Windows 8.1, then click on “Change Adapter Settings” from the “Network and Sharing Center, right click on PureVPN L2TP connection, select Properties
7 Click on Security tab and select “Layer 2 Tunneling protocol with IPsec (L2TP)”
8 Click on Advance Settings then select “Use preshared key for authentication” and insert “12345678” in Key box.
9 Select desired encryption from “Data encryption” drop down menu.
10 Insert the following info:
- Click on “Networking” tab
- Uncheck “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” and “File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks” then
- Click “OK”
11 Click on Wifi / Lan icon from System tray
12 Click on PureVPN L2TP connection and click “Connect”
13 Insert your Username and Password provided by PureVPN then Click “OK”
Important Note: Please always remember your PureVPN username & password is different from your Website Member Area email address & Password.
14 VPN connection will establish after verifying account details.
15 You are connected now.
16 To disconnect VPN, click on Lan / Wifi icon from System tray
17 Click on VPN connection and click “Disconnect”
Error 800, 806, 807, 809
Please use the comment box for your suggestions & feedback. For additional help, please submit support ticket with errors and screen shots (if possible) OR Contact our 24/7 live chat.