Things to Consider:
Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You have a working internet connection
- Windows Supported Device.
- A Premium PureVPN account (If you haven’t bought yet click here to buy)
Follow these simple steps to configure PureVPN manually on Windows 8:
Note: We have just launched New PureVPN Windows Software BETA version. If you need guide on BETA version Click Here.
1 Right click on “Lan / Wifi icon” from System tray and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”
2 Click on “Set up a new connection or network”
3 Select “Connect to workplace” and click “Next”
4 Select “Use my Internet connection (VPN)”
5 Insert the following info:
- Insert desired server address / IP. Click here to get the server list.
- Insert destination name as PureVPN L2TP or PureVPN US etc
- Select “Remember my credentials”
- Select “Allow other people to use this connection”
- Click “Create”
6 Right click on “PureVPN L2TP” connection and select “View connection properties”
Note: If you are on Windows 8.1, then click on “Change Adapter Settings” from the “Network and Sharing Center, right click on PureVPN L2TP connection, select Properties
7 Click on Security tab and select “Layer 2 Tunneling protocol with IPsec (L2TP)”
8 Click on Advance Settings then select “Use preshared key for authentication” and insert “12345678” in Key box.
9 Select desired encryption from “Data encryption” drop down menu.
10 Insert the following info:
- Click on “Networking” tab
- Uncheck “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” and “File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks” then
- Click “OK”
11 Click on Wifi / Lan icon from System tray
12 Click on PureVPN L2TP connection and click “Connect”
13 Insert your Username and Password provided by PureVPN then Click “OK”
Important Note: Please always remember your PureVPN username & password is different from your Website Member Area email address & Password.
14 VPN connection will establish after verifying account details.
15 You are connected now.
16 To disconnect VPN, click on Lan / Wifi icon from System tray
17 Click on VPN connection and click “Disconnect”
If you are looking for higher security, then please follow this guide to disable your IPv6
Please use the comment box for your suggestions & feedback. For additional help, please submit support ticket with errors and screen shots (if possible) OR Contact our 24/7 live chat.