In order to get a router pre-configured with PureVPN settings, visit our partner – FlashRouter
The following guide will help you setup PureVPN OpenVPN on your Tomato router.
Things to Consider:
Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You have a working internet connection
- A Supported Router.
- A Premium PureVPN account (if you haven’t bought it yet, click here to buy)
It is very easy to configure OpenVPN on Tomato Router. Here’s an easy step-by-step guide:
1 Go to the ‘Control Panel’ and select ‘VPN Tunneling.’ Click on ‘OpenVPN Client’ and select ‘Client 1’ to enter the following details under the ‘Basic Tab’:
- First Select the option ‘Start with Wan’
- From Drop Down in ‘Interface Type’ select “TUN”
- In Protocol Drop down, select “UDP”
- To fill the Server Address Details, open the downloaded .ovpn file on notepad, copy the address of your desired server and paste it in the field
- Insert “53” for UDP in the port field
- Select “Automatic” in firewall
- Select “TLS” in Authorization Mode
- Select on “Username / Password Authentication”
- Enter your Username and Password provided to you by PureVPN
- Uncheck the ‘Username Authen. Only’
- Select ‘Outgoing (1)’ in the drop down of “Extra HMAC authorization (tls-auth-)”
- Check “Create NAT on tunnel”
Note: For TCP port, you need to change the port from ‘UDP’ to ‘TCP’ and select ‘80’ instead ‘53’ in the port field.
2 Go to Advance Tab and do as follows:
- Enter ‘0’ in the field Poll Interval
- Uncheck ‘Redirect Internet Traffic’
- Select ‘Relaxed’ in the drop down of “Accept DNS Configuration”
- Select ‘AES-256-CBC’ in the drop down of “Encryption Cipher”
- Select ‘Adaptive’ in Compression
- Enter ‘-1’ in “TLS Renegotiation”
- Enter ‘30’ in “Connection Retry”
- Uncheck the option “Verify server certificate (tls-remote)”
3 Go to the tab titled ‘Keys’ and do as follows:
- For ‘Static Key,’ open the WDC.key in a notepad, copy all content and paste the content in the field.
- For “Certificate Authority”, open CA.crt in a notepad, copy all its content and paste the content in the field.
- For “Client Certificate”, open Client.crt in a notepad, copy all of the content and paste the content in the field.
- For “Certificate Key”, open Client.key in a notepad, copy all its content and paste the content in the field.
4 Click on the “Save” button and then click on the “Start Now” button. After a few seconds, your VPN connection will be established. You can verify the VPN connection status by clicking on the ‘Status Tab.’
Wouter — A Router with Built-In Security & Accessibility. Get It Now!
Please use the comment box for your suggestions & feedback. For additional help, please submit support ticket with errors and screen shots (if possible) or contact our 24/7 live chat.