A dedicated gateway server is a server that you’ve purchased for your team so they can receive a customised host-name that can be used by multiple devices at a single time. By using a dedicated gateway server, all devices will receive the same public IP address.
This is especially useful for businesses because it provides an extra layer of security. If you have a dedicated gateway server, you can be sure that only authorised devices can access your network. You will need to buy a licence for each of your dedicated servers. To access this section, simply click on the Gateways tab.
Create a gateway
- To create a dedicated gateway, click the Gateways tab.
- Click on Configure Gateway button.
- Enter the name of the gateway, choose a server location and click Create gateway.
- Once done, the server will be in deploying mode. This process usually takes 5-10 minutes. You will know the server is done deploying when the status says it is active and you see a hostname and IP address next to your dedicated gateway server.
Assign gateway to a team
- To add a dedicated gateway to a team, click the Teams tab.
- Click the three-dot icon against the team you want to add a dedicated gateway to.
- Click on Assign Gateway.
- Find a server and click on Apply.
- To remove a gateway, click the Gateways tab.
- Click the three-dot icon against the gateway you wish to remove.
- Click on Remove Gateway.