Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how you can configure PureVPN on a Trendnet router using PPTP protocol.
Enter or copy-paste http://192.168.10.1 into your web browser. Your router will ask you to enter your username and password. Use the default credentials and hit Login.
- Default username: admin
- Default password: admin
Next, click Advanced on the menu present on the left-hand side of your screen.
Now, click Administration right below Advanced and then click the Setup sub-tab.
Once you enter the Setup tab, you will need to manually modify settings for the connection. Here is how to do it:
- Connection Type: From the drop-down menu select PPTP
- PPTP Server:(Please refer to the servers mentioned in the list below).
- Germany: de1.pointtoserver.com
- Netherlands: nl1.pointtoserver.com
- United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: ustx1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usca1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usfl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usny1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Australia: au-sd1.pointtoserver.com
- The protocol of Physical Connection: Select DHCP
- DNS Servers: In the first box 184.108.40.206 and in the second box, 220.127.116.11
- Enter your PureVPN credentials. Here is how you can find your VPN credentials.
- On-Demand Mode: Select Disabled
- Keep Alive Mode: Select Enabled
- MTU: Type 1452
- And there you go! Enjoy complete internet freedom.
Seems like PureVPN will not work on Trendnet AC1900 routers. Tried for days with assi assist from PureVPN and they even helped me through Teamviewer… but they couldn’t get it working?
was claimed that a passthrough must be granted though the cable modem but the same modem works fine with the old Trendnet router and the same setup (see below)? I like the router, it works great so the router stays. But I can’t get PureVPN on my whole house which is why I bought it in the first place. Too bad. I like their product and they were willing to help, just couldn’t pull it off.
We are sorry that we could not get you connected despite our best efforts.
Let us know if we can assist you with anything else…
Thanks a lot for sharing the settings, we really appreciate it!
Let us know if we can assist you with anything!
This is for a Trendnet TEW-652BRP Router.
Thanks for reaching out. You might be using different version of Trendnet than the one above. Now, you can either join us on live chat for assistance OR you can send us screenshots of your Router’s Wan settings page at [email protected] and then we can send you set up guide back.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Hi, my trendnet router supports pptp but it isnt the same layout as described above. the server address has to be a IP number ONLY no letters. why is this and how do i set it up?
Hello, I am trying to setup the WAN settings to use my VPN on a Trendnet TEW-828DRU. I followed the How-To above, but when I hit apply the server address goes blank, and I have no internet connection. All other settings save.
Not sure what I am doing wrong.
I removed the username and pw for the screenshot.. I did have them entered when I tried this
We are sorry for the inconvenience. You are suggested to enter the DNS as 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 and enter server address as usca1.pointtoserver.com then check.
Let us know if it works out!!
Thanks for reaching out to us. You are right different models have different user interface but mostly settings are same, we will try to give more tutorials for other models as well. Meanwhile, you can send screenshots of your router settings page then we will assist you accordingly.
I have a Trendnet tew-731br and when I login to the router it doesn’t look like the picture above and don’t have the same sections like Protocol of Physical Connection. Thank you