Wireguard provides a fast and secure VPN connection and it’s usually used for web browsing and streaming.
UDP is mainly used for streaming and downloading. It provides a fast VPN connection with medium encryption.
TCP is more reliable, but also a little slower, and is usually used for web browsing.
IKEv2 is one of the fastest VPN protocols that provides stable connection and is usually used for streaming and downloading.
Wondering how to switch between protocols? Follow the instructions below 👇
- Tap the hamburger icon (≡) from the top left.
- Tap ⚙️ Settings.
- From general settings tab, tap Advanced.
- Tap Connection Protocol.
- Toggle Automatic selection.
- A pop-up will appear tap Yes to proceed.
- Choose the protocol of your choice from the list.
- Upon selection, your protocol will be successfully changed.
Connect to Fallback: This option will connect you to the next best available option if you are unable to connect with your preferred protocol. Once done, go back to the Locations tab and connect with your desired location.