In order to get a router pre-configured with PureVPN settings, visit our partner – Flashrouter
Setting up PPTP on a DD-WRT router has many advantages. However, in order to benefit from the protocol, you must set it up beforehand. If you are not sure how to start, or where to begin with, here is what you need to do:
Things to Consider: Before you begin, ensure that:
- You have an active internet connection.
- You own a PPTP supported router.
- You have a premium PureVPN account (If you do not own one, you can buy a PureVPN subscription from here).
Please follow below steps to configure PureVPN PPTP on DDWRT Router:
1 Please go through from the given description in image.
2 This image shows that how your VPN setup will look like:
1a. Shows an Ethernet connect from router to computer.
1b. Shows wireless connection from router to computer.
3 Go to “Basic Setup tab” of DD-WRT control panel.
4 Click on Connection type drop down menu and select “PPTP” protocol.
5 Make sure “Use DHCP” is selected as “Yes”.
6 Insert the following info:
- Enter your Gateway (PPTP server) (Example: uk.purevpn.net). Click here to get the complete server list.
- Enter Username & password provided by PureVPN.
- Write “refuse-eap” in additional PPTP option box.
- ( Important Note: Your email address is not your VPN login username. )
7 Now scroll down and make sure DHCP server is “enable” and now click “Apply Settings” and then hit “Save”.
8 On the top menu click on “Status” and then click on “WAN” tab.
9 Now Click on “Connect” button under “WAN” tab.