Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how you can configure PureVPN on a Trendnet router using PPTP protocol.
Enter or copy-paste http://192.168.10.1 into your web browser. Your router will ask you to enter your username and password. Use the default credentials and hit Login.
Default username: admin
Default password: admin
Next, click Advanced on the menu present on the left-hand side of your screen.
Now, click Administration right below Advanced and then click the Setup sub-tab.
Once you enter the Setup tab, you will need to manually modify settings for the connection. Here is how to do it:
- Connection Type: From the drop-down menu select PPTP
- PPTP Server:(Please refer to the servers mentioned in the list below).
- Germany: de1.pointtoserver.com
- Netherlands: nl1.pointtoserver.com
- United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: ustx1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usca1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usfl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usny1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Australia: au-sd1.pointtoserver.com
- The protocol of Physical Connection: Select DHCP
- DNS Servers: In the first box 188.8.131.52 and in the second box, 184.108.40.206
- Enter your PureVPN credentials. Here is how you can find your VPN credentials.
- On-Demand Mode: Select Disabled
- Keep Alive Mode: Select Enabled
- MTU: Type 1452
- And there you go! Enjoy complete internet freedom.