For maximum security, you can always configure a VPN on your Newifi router. However, if you are not sure how to make this possible, here is what you need to do:
Things to Consider:
Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You have a working internet connection
- VPN Supported Router.
- Own a premium PureVPN account (If you do not already own one, you can buy a subscription from here)
To start set up VPN on Newifi router you first have to connect to it. For that, you have to put in your browser the following address: http://192.168.0.1 (If this doesn’t work, please consult your router’s manual to find what is the Default Gateway Address). Enter your router’s username and password and Log In.
Once logged in, go to the ‘Network Map’ option from the left-side menu and then select the ‘Internet Status’ option.
Then click on the “More Config…” option and select “VPN client” option from the drop-down menu.
Now set the ‘VPN Client Protocol’ to “PPTP” and enter the following information:
- Remote VPN Server: (Enter the desired VPN server address you want to connect to in this field. For the complete list of servers click here.)
- Login: (Enter the PureVPN username. purevpn0sxxx)
- Password: (Enter the PureVPN password)
- Authentication Algorithm: MS-CHAPv2
- Encryption Cipher Algorithm: No Encryption
- MTU: 1450
- MRU: 1450
- Route all traffic through VPN Interface? Yes
Once you have entered all the information, click the “Apply” button to save settings, and activate the VPN connection.
PureVPN is successfully connected now on your Newifi router. If the IP doesn’t change, check to restart your router once or contact our 24/7 Live Chat support for help.