- First, open the web browser (Firefox/Chrome) and download the PureVPN OpenVPN configuration files from this 👉link and extract them.
- Go to the Terminal window and install the OpenVPN client. Type the following commands one by one:
1. sudo yum update
2. sudo yum install epel-release
3. sudo yum install openvpn
4. sudo yum install NetworkManager-openvpn
5. sudo yum install NetworkManager-openvpn-gnome
- Now Select the following options:
- Click Wired Connection.
- Go to Networks.
- Click the + icon to add a VPN connection and select Import from file… option to upload an OpenVPN profile.
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded the OpenVPN files and select your desired .ovpn file to connect.
- When the new window appears, complete the fields as below:
- Insert Connection name: PureVPN
- Insert Gateway: (already selected/entered)
- Connection Type: Password from drop down menu
- Enter your PureVPN credentials. Here is how you can 👉find your VPN credentials.
- CA Certificate: Already uploaded.
- Click Add button.
- Go to the Wired Connections option and under VPN Connections click the newly created PureVPN connection to activate the VPN connection.
Was this article helpful? do let us know by hitting the thumbs up icon and feel free to share your comments so we may improve our guides for everyone else in Cyber Security Community.
You are connected to PureVPN now!