Things to Consider:
Before you begin, please make sure that:
- You have a working internet connection
- Mac Supported Device.
- A Premium PureVPN account (If you haven’t bought yet click here to buy)
1 In order to configure OpenVPN on Mac, you need to download Viscosity and required OpenVPN files. Once ‘Viscosity’ is downloaded, drag it to ‘Application’ Icon
2 Go to applications and run “Viscosity“
3 Click on Viscosity icon from Menu bar and select “Preferences..”
4 Do the following:
- Click on “+” icon
- Select Import Connection > From File
5 Select desired server from PureVPN OpenVPN files
6 Click on “OK“
( Repeat the Step 4 – 6 to add more servers )
7 Click on Viscosity icon from Menu bar and select desired server
8 Insert the following info:
- Insert Username provided by PureVPN
- Insert Password provided by PureVPN
- Check “Remember details in my Keychain” to save account details.
- Click “OK“
9 You are connected now. Enjoy Internet FREEDOM!
To disconnect VPN
- Click on Viscosity icon from Menu bar and select Disconnect.
If you are looking for higher security, then please follow this guide to disable your IPv6
Please use the comment box for your suggestions & feedback. For additional help, please submit support ticket with errors and screen shots (if possible) OR Contact our 24/7 live chat.