Configuring a PureVPN tunnel on your router is a great way to ensure the safety and security of all the devices in your home. This method is especially beneficial if you have devices that don’t have VPN compatibility or you want to protect all the Wi-Fi-connected devices in your home.
PureVPN can easily be setup on just about any device you can think of, including Belkin routers. For those that want to enjoy greater control and wish to go about doing things on their own, they can manually set up Belkin VPN using PureVPN, here's how:
Find your VPN credentials for manual configuration
How to set up PPTP on Belkin router
- This image shows what your VPN setup will look like.
- Access your router control panel and click on Internet on the left panel
- Select PPTP tab from the top menu.
- In WAN interface type field select Dynamic IP Address.
- Leave Hostname and MAC Address fields blank.
- Under PPTP Settings:
- Enter your PureVPN credentials.
- Insert the desired server: (You may use one of the servers mentioned below)
- Germany: de1.pointtoserver.com
- Netherlands: nl1.pointtoserver.com
- United Kingdom: ukl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usil1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: ustx1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usca1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usfl1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: usny1.pointtoserver.com
- United States: uswdc1.pointtoserver.com
- Australia: au-sd1.pointtoserver.com
- Set Connection ID to 0 and in MTU field enter value 1400
- In Type field select Keep Connection from the drop-down menu and then click Apply.
That's about it. Enjoy total and unlimited internet freedom with PureVPN!Delete
How to install DD-WRT firmware
- Login to your Belkin router and click on Firmware update.
- Click on Choose file and select the downloaded DD-WRT firmware file.
- Click Update.
Congratulations! Firmware upgraded to DD-WRT.Delete
How to set up OpenVPN on DD-WRT firmware
First, you need to download all OpenVPN files. Once downloaded, extract the files.
- Open your DDWRT Control Panel and select Services then go to VPN tab and Enable OpenVPN Client.
Now configure your OpenVPN client as shown below.
- OpenVPN Client: Enable
- CVE Mitigation: Disable
- Server IP/Name: Enter your desired location’s TCP/UDP server address here. Server list can be accessed from here:
- Port: 80 (For TCP)/ 53 (For UDP)
- Tunnel Device: TUN
- Tunnel Protocol: TCP/UDP
- Encryption Cipher: AES-256-CBC
- Hash Algorithm: SHA-1
- Inbound Firewall on TUN: Uncheck
- User Pass Authentication: Checked
- Username and Password: Enter your PureVPN credentials.
- Advanced Options: Enabled
- TLS Cipher: None
- Compression: Adaptive
- NAT: Enable
- Firewall Protection: Disable
- Tunnel UDP MSS-Fix: Disable
- Verify Server Cert.: Checked
- TLS Key Choice: TLS Auth
- TLS Key: Copy and paste all the content from the key file you have downloaded with the OpenVPN configuration files.
- Additional Config:
- CA Cert: Copy and paste all the content from the crt file you have downloaded with the OpenVPN configuration files.
- Click Save and then Apply Settings button.
- Now navigate to the Status tab then OpenVPN to check the connection Status.