Draytek Vigor2930 routers include a very basic firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted access from the internet. Since this firewall blocks incoming connections you may need to open a port through it for certain games and applications. To do this, you will have to forward the port with a process called Port Forwarding. You may follow the below guide to setup PortForwarding on the Draytek router.
PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-On – An Easy and Secured Way
If you want to avoid the hassle of manually opening ports, our Port Forwarding add-on makes life a heck of a lot easier and is just what you need. It allows you to use port forwarding simultaneously with PureVPN, so you can seamlessly and securely communicate with any server or device across the world.
- The basic process to open a port is:
- Setup a static IP address on either your computer or device that you want to forward a port.
- Login to your Draytek Vigor 2930 router.
- Navigate to the port forwarding section.
- Create a port forward entry.
- Click the NAT link.
- Click on Port Redirection.
- Click the Index Number link.
- Click the Range or the Single button to forward ports.
While these steps might seem difficult at first, we will walk you through each step for your Draytek Vigor2930 router.
Step 1: It is important to set up a static IP address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
Step 2: Now we are going to login to your Draytek router. Your router has a web interface, so you will log in to it using your web browser. This can be either Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Edge. It usually does not matter which browser you choose to use.
- Open up your web browser and find the address bar.
- In the address bar has 192.168.1.1 in it. Just replace all of that with the IP address of your Draytek router. Your router’s IP address can also be referred to as your computer’s default gateway. By default, the IP address is set to 192.168.1.1
- After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press enter.
- You should see a box prompting you for your username and password.
- Enter your username and password, and then click the Login button to log in to your Draytek Vigor2930 router.
If you do not get the result mentioned as the one above, you need to see if the router’s IP address has been changed. To do this, follow the directions on our How to Find Your Router’s IP Address page.
- The Default Draytek Vigor 2930 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Draytek Vigor 2930 Router Password is: password
Step 3: Now we need to find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Click the NAT link near the left of the page.
- You should now see a new menu. In this new menu, click Port Redirection.
- Click the Index Number link near the center of the page.
- This router has two different sections that allow you to forward ports. One section allows you to forward a range of ports, and the other allows you to forward a single port. To forward a range of ports, click Range. To forward a single port, click Single.
Step 4: From the Mode dropdown box select Single or Ranged.
- Make up a name to put in the Service Name box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it’s simply there so you can know why it was created.
- Select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding from the Protocol box.
- Choose All from the WAN IP dropdown box.
- In the Public Port and Private Port box type the port to forward.
- Enter the IP address of the device that you want to forward ports to into the Private IP box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
- When you are done click the Ok button.
Was this article helpful? Rate and share your comments below. Your input matters to us and everyone else in the Cyber Security Community.