Dovado UMR_Broadband routers include a very basic firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted access from the internet. Since this firewall blocks incoming connections you may need to open a port through it for certain games and applications. To do this, you will have to forward the port with a process called Port Forwarding. You may follow the below guide to setup PortForwarding on the Dovado router.
PureVPN’s Port Forwarding Add-On – An Easy and Secured Way
If you want to avoid the hassle of manually opening ports, our Port Forwarding add-on makes life a heck of a lot easier and is just what you need. It allows you to use port forwarding simultaneously with PureVPN, so you can seamlessly and securely communicate with any server or device across the world.
- The basic process to open a port is:
- Setup a static IP address on either your computer or device that you want to forward a port.
- log in to your Dovado UMR mobile Broadband router.
- Navigate to the port forwarding section.
- While these steps might seem difficult at first, we will walk you through each step for your Dovado UMR_Broadband router.
- Click the LAN link.
- Click the Port Forwarding link.
- Create a port forward entry.
Step 1: It is important to set up a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Follow our Router setup guide to setup a static IP address.
Step 2: Now we are going to login to your Dovado UMR_Broadband router. Your router has a web interface, so you will log in to it using your web browser. This can be either Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Edge. It usually does not matter which browser you choose to use.
- Open up your web browser and find the address bar.
- The address bar has 192.168.0.1 in it. Just replace all of that with the IP address of your Dovado UMR_Broadband router. Your router’s IP address can also be referred to as your computer’s default gateway. By default, the IP address is set to 192.168.0.1
- After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press enter.
- You should see a box prompting you for your username and password. The Default Dovado UMR mobile Broadband Router Username is: admin The Default Dovado UMR mobile Broadband Router Password is: password
- Enter your username and password, and then click the Login button to log in to your Dovado UMR_Broadband router.
Step 3: Now we need to find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Click the LAN link near the left of the page.
- Click the Port Forwarding link near the top of the page.
Step 4: In the Ports box enter the port to forward.
- Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
- Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the Destination Address box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device’s IP address into that box instead.
- Click the Destination Port button when you are finished.
Was this article helpful? Rate and share your comments below. Your input matters to us and everyone else in the Cyber Security Community.