With the Split Tunnelling feature, you can browse safely on most functioning websites and services, even if you are located in countries with strict internet censorship or government surveillance.
When your VPN is connected, all your DNS queries, even from applications which are marked to use VPN, will always be routed via VPN network to prevent any DNS leaks. Here’s how you can proceed to activate it.
You lose no access to your local network and devices connected to that network thanks to the feature of Split Tunnelling VPN. You don’t have to worry about anything else when using this feature!
How to activate split tunnelling? Follow the instructions below 👇
- Click the Settings icon ⚙️ from the left panel of the PureVPN app
- Click Split tunnelling tab
- Toggle Split tunnelling to turn it on
- Split tunnelling is turned On now.
- Upon clicking the + icon, the list of default applications will appear. You need to mark the application on Add/remove application to add in the list of split-tunnelling. Alternatively, you can use the browse option to select any installed application of your choice.
- Click browse and add your desired program to enable it with split tunnelling. An application might have multiple processes running. To make sure all the data from that application is routed via VPN, please make sure to add all the processes in split tunnelling.
- Connect to the PureVPN app. Once connected, Open your internet browser (Ex: Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome). The selected browser will run under the VPN
Was this article helpful? Do let us know by hitting the thumbs up icon and feel free to share your comments so we may improve our guides for everyone else in Cyber Security Community.