Causes of VPN Connection Error 789
If you are ever prompted with L2TP Error 789, it might be due to the fact that your system is not perfectly set up to get connected to an L2TP server. The connection attempt fails even before a connection is established with the server. VPN Error 789 is linked with incorrect configuration of user’s operating system.
How to Fix VPN Connection Error 789:
- Please make sure that L2TP and IPSec Pass through option is enabled from your router.
- If you have configured VPN manually then make sure to use Preshared Key 12345678
- The following solution is for Windows 7 and Windows Vista users only.
- Click on the Startup menu, located on the left bottom of your screen and type services.msc in the Search Box. When Services appear, right click on it and select Run as Administrator
- Now find IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules and IPsec Policy Agent
- Check the status, right click to restart if it states started
- If the started option is disabled, enable it
- Now right click and scroll down and click on Properties
- Select the Startup type and change it to Automatic and save
- Restart your VPN and it should work smoothly now.
View complete Common VPN Error List.
Was this article helpful? Rate and share your comments below. Your input matters to us and everyone else in the Cyber Security Community.