Causes of VPN Connection Error 789
If you are ever prompted with L2TP Error 789, it might be due to the fact that your system is not perfectly set up to get connected to an L2TP server. The connection attempt fails even before a connection is established with the server. VPN Error 789 is linked with incorrect configuration of user’s operating system.
How to Fix VPN Connection Error 789:
- Please make sure that L2TP and IPSec Pass through option is enabled from your router.
- If you have configured VPN manually then make sure to use Preshared Key 12345678
- The following solution is for Windows 7 and Windows Vista users only.
- Click on the Startup menu, located on the left bottom of your screen and type “services.msc” in the Search Box. When “Services” appear, right click on it and select “Run as Administrator”
- Now find “IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules” and “IPsec Policy Agent”
- Check the status, right click to “restart” if it states “started”
- If the “started” option is disabled, enable it
- Now right click and scroll down and click on Properties
- Select the “Startup type” and change it to “Automatic” and save
- Restart your VPN and it should work smoothly now.
View complete Common VPN Error List.
Please use the comment box for your suggestions & feedback. For additional help, please submit support ticket with errors and screen shots (if possible) or contact our 24/7 live chat.