When we travel, we tend to keep our electronic devices close to us because let’s face it, there’s not much we can do without technology. Getting some work done or chatting with loved ones or friends doesn’t stop just because we’re away from our homes. Unfortunately, cyber-based threats can significantly increase when you are travelling, and devices can easily be compromised. When you travel, be proactive and use a VPN to safeguard your digital data.
- Identity/Data Theft Protection: The 2017 Identity Fraud Study, released by Javelin Strategy & Research, found that $16 billion was stolen from 15.4 million U.S. consumers in 2016, compared with $15.3 billion and 13.1 million victims a year earlier. To avoid becoming a part of the statistic, always stay connected to a VPN while you travel. (Be Proactive, Stay Safe! Use a VPN.)
- WiFi Hotspot Security: WiFi Hotspots are breeding ground for cybercriminals and even sexual predators. Criminals are taking advantage of the anonymity offered by the wireless signals to commit a number of serious crimes – from identity theft to the sexual solicitation of children. However, you can stay one-step ahead of these criminals by using a VPN while connected to a public Wi-FI hotspot. (Be Proactive, Stay Safe! Use a VPN)
- Online Banking Security: In 2016, 17% of debit and credit card holders experienced fraud multiple times during the past five years, compared to 13% in 2014. Protect your online financial transactions by staying connected to a VPN. (Be Proactive, Stay Safe! Use a VPN.)
- Access Desired Content: We are often deprived of our favorite content depending on where we are visiting. However, with a VPN, you no longer have to worry about this and can view your desired content on-the-go. (Be Proactive, Stay Safe! Use a VPN.)
- Cheap Airfare: Airline tickets’ pricing often varies depending on the user’s location. However, with a VPN, you can change your location to where the cheapest tickets are being sold. (Be Proactive, Stay Safe! Use a VPN.)