Don’t miss this last call! We’re saying good-bye to our 89% off hottest selling 5-year plan tonight. Upgrade now!
MikroTik routers support IKv6 security protocol and the operating system is based on Linux Kernel and is compatible with many applications used by various internet service providers. MikroTik routers also support VPNs, which is as good as a blessing.
Things to Consider:
Before you begin, please make sure that:
The following is a setup guide for PPTP Client on MikroTik:
1. Login in to your router. Click PPP and select PPTP client.
2. Enter PureVPN-PPTP in the Name section.
3. Click Dial Out and enter the server address you want to connect with.
Note: If you face any problem in connecting VPN then uncheck ‘Add Default Route’
4. Now click IP from main menu and select Firewall.
5. Now choose the NAT tab and add a new NAT rule. choose scrnat from chain and PureVPN-PPTP from Out Interface List.
6. Now, click the Action tab and select masquerade from the dropdown list. Click Apply/OK to save the settings.
7. Now select the Mangle tab and add a new rule. In the General, tab, choose prerouting from the chain list. Then enter the IP address you wish to connect with or the range of the IP addresses you want to route through the VPN tunnel in the Src Address field.
Note: The IP address you are supposed to enter is your Public IP address. In order to view your Public IP address, please click here.
8. Now choose the Action tab and choose mark routing from the Action list. Type PureVPN-PPTP in the New Routing Mark field and save the settings.
9. Click IP from the main menu and choose Routes.
10. Now click the ‘+’ icon to add a new route. Enter 0.0.0.0/0 in the Dst. Address, choose PureVPN-PPTP from Gateway and then choose PureVPN-PPTP from the Routing Mark. Click Apply/OK to save your settings.
11. Now click IP from the main menu and select DNS.
12. Check-mark Allow Remote Requests and save the settings.
13. Click IP from the main menu and select DHCP Server.
14. Now enter 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 (These are OpenDNS addresses, you can enter any DNS address of your choice) in DNS Servers fields. Click Apply/OK to save your settings.
15. Now click Interfaces from the main menu, open the PureVPN-PPTP interface, and enable the connection from the status tab.
That’s about it. Enjoy total and unlimited internet freedom with PureVPN!
Comments (3 )