PureVPN is now Zero-Log Certified by Altius IT, one of the leading independent US-based Auditors. Read More
MikroTik routers support IKv6 security protocol and the operating system is based on Linux Kernel and is compatible with many applications used by various internet service providers. MikroTik routers also support VPNs, which is as good as a blessing.
Things to Consider:
Before you begin, please make sure that:
The following is a setup guide for PPTP Client on MikroTik:
1. Login in to your router. Click PPP and select PPTP client.
2. Enter PureVPN-PPTP in the Name section.
3. Click Dial Out and enter the server address you want to connect with. (List of server addresses is available here Now, enter your PureVPN username and password in User and Password
fields respectively. Check-mark the dial on demand and add default route options. Click on Apply/OK to save your settings.
Note: If you face any problem in connecting VPN then uncheck ‘Add Default Route’
4. Now click IP from main menu and select Firewall.
5. Now choose NAT tab and add a new NAT rule. choose scrnat from chain and PureVPN-PPTP from Out Interface List.
6. Now, click the Action tab and select masquerade from the dropdown list. Click Apply/OK to save the settings.
7. Now select Mangle tab and add a new rule. In General tab, choose prerouting from the chain list. Then enter the IP address you wish to connect with or the range of the IP addresses you want to route through VPN tunnel in Src Address field.
8. Now choose Action tab and choose mark routing from the Action list. Type PureVPN-PPTP in New Routing Mark field and save the settings.
9. Click IP from main menu and choose Routes.
10. Now click the ‘+’ icon to add a new route. Enter 0.0.0.0/0 in the Dst. Address, choose PureVPN-PPTP from Gateway, and then choose PureVPN-PPTP from the Routing Mark. Click Apply/OK to save your settings.
11. Now click IP from main menu and select DNS.
12. Check-mark Allow Remote Requests, and save the settings.
13. Click IP from main menu and select DHCP Server.
14. Now enter 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 in DNS Servers fields. Click Apply/OK to save your settings.
15. Now click Interfaces from the main menu, open PureVPN-PPTP interface, and enable the connection from the status tab.
16. You are connected to your VPN now. You can check your IP and location from www.ip2location.com
Please use the comment box for your suggestions & feedback. For additional help, please submit support ticket with errors and screen shots (if possible) or contact our 24/7 live chat.
Comments (24 )