Configuring a PureVPN tunnel on your router is a great way to ensure the safety and security of all the devices in your home. This method is especially beneficial if you have devices that don’t have VPN compatibility or you want to protect all the Wi-Fi-connected devices in your home.
To set up OpenVPN on your GL.iNet router, follow this step-by-step guide.
Find your VPN credentials for manual configuration
How to set up OpenVPN on GLiNet router
- This image shows how your VPN setup will look like:
- Shows an Ethernet connection from the router to the computer.
- Shows a wireless connection from the router to the computer.
- Select OpenVPN and navigate to OpenVPN configurations. Now download the files from 👉 here.
- Drag and drop your selected OVPN file to your router. A new window will pop up asking you to specify your PureVPN credentials. Type them in.
- Next, put a tick next to the Enable option.
- You are now Connected.
How to set up WireGuard on GL.iNet router
- Login to your Member Area and click on Manual Configuration.
- Go to your Member Area and download the WireGuard configuration file from there.
- Login to the router control panel by entering the router’s default IP address 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your preferred browser. (If you change your router’s default IP address, enter that into your browser instead). And go to VPN option.
- Select WireGuard Client, then click on Set up WireGuard Manually.
- Select Manual Input and fill in the following fields from the WireGuard Configuration file you have downloaded from Member Area.
- Set up the desire profile name, then click Add button.
- Click on Connect.
- You are now connected.